Sunday, February 22, 2009

Last Minute Predictions

Hey. I've watched a few of the Oscar movies in the past few days, so I have a couple "last minute" predictions to make.

Actor in a Leading Role: I saw all of the actors and their movies. If I had to put money on the pick, I would guess that Sean Penn will win for "Milk." I personally think Frank Langella should win for his role in "Frost/Nixon", and I would also love to see Mickey Rourke win for "The Wrestler." But in the end, I'm assuming it will go to Penn. Also, it is wrong that Brad Pitt is in this category. The movie was decent and he did a good job in it, but he doesn't deserve to be up for this award.

Actor in a Supporting Role: I've seen three of the five nominees - I didn't see Philip Seymour Hoffman in "Doubt" or Michael Shannon in "Revolutionary Road." I predict that Heath Ledger will win for "The Dark Knight", and he was fantastic in it, but I would go with Robert Downey Jr. in "Tropic Thunder." His role made that movie great.

Directing: I didn't see "The Reader", but I saw the other four. Danny Boyle will probably win for "Slumdog Millionaire", and I can't disagree with that.

Best Picture: Again, I saw all the nominations except "The Reader." I would guess that "Slumdog Millionaire" will win, and it was a fantastic movie. However, I can't decide whether I enjoyed "Slumdog" or "Frost/Nixon" the most. I was surprised by how much I liked both of them, and I would be fine with seeing either one of them win.

I will give my full Oscar Review at some point next week...if I can survive the next 10 hours of drivel.

Thanks for reading

No comments: