Thursday, October 23, 2008

More Random Thoughts in my Head: Part 2 of 2

I told you there would be a Part 2. Hopefully you all had enough time to consider the previous thoughts I posted. If not, take some more time before reading this one. Trust me, I understand - I live it everyday. When you are ready, this one is waiting for you.
Giddy-Up.




I hate the term “shoot me an e-mail.” People use it all the time, and I have just never been a fan. I think it makes you sound like McLovin or the science nerd from “The Breakfast Club.” It just appears as if you are trying too hard to be cool. On the other hand, I do like it when people say their cell phone is “blowin’ up” when getting a call. Now that is cool.

I’m assuming we have all seen those car commercials where the car is doing some ridiculous stunts or maneuvers, and on the bottom of the screen it says, “Professional driver. Do not attempt.” I’ve always been confused by this. What is a “professional driver?” How does one become a “professional driver?” Do you have to take extra classes? Are you required to be fearless, able to stare death in the face from behind the wheel? And if so, then what am I considered? I have a license; I took all the necessary classes. Am I still an amateur? If I drive with a regular license for the rest of my life, will I always be a novice in the field of driving? What if you have a temporary license (“temps”)? Are you even below amateur status? Needless to say, I’m a little confused.

Rolling Stone” should just get it over with and change the name of their magazine to “Barack Obama.” He’s on the cover of that magazine more than TBS airs those freaking “Frank TV” commercials. Rolling Stone talks about him more than Tyra Banks talks about herself. If Obama releases an album, I might rethink my stance, but right now it’s just plain ridiculous.

What is it about Hugh Grant that makes me like him in movies? I really do not like the guy, but anytime I see him in a movie I can’t help but find him funny. It’s infuriating, but he is just so doggone charming. I think he could make a used car salesman tell the truth. I really don’t understand how he was unable to talk Elizabeth Hurley into staying married to him after that “incident.”

Why are the towels you have at home like a billion times softer than towels in hotels? What do the hotels use to wash these things? Whenever I have to use one, I feel like I’m drying off with that pink insulation stuff that hangs loose in your basement.

That's pretty much it for now. Look for my next "Random Thoughts" post when they finally let me out of this room with the padded walls.

Thanks for reading


1 comment:

Cassie The Venomous said...

Ha-ha! These are wonderful things to ponder, methinks.

"shoot me and e-mail" and "blowin' up my cell" are two different forms of cool. There is the former which is like the old guy trying to be cool type of cool, and the latter which is like the young kid trying to be cool type of cool. I think that's the difference.

I think they should say that the drivers are trained in their stunt-driving abilities rather than general driving abilities. It would make much more sense that way.

Hugh Grant is awesome and hotel towels suck. Simply. :}

XoXo
cassie.