Tuesday, October 21, 2008

More Random Thoughts in my Head: Part 1 of 2

I’ve come across a few head-scratchers and chin-strokers since my last “random thoughts” post, so I figured I’d share the many concepts running around the vast empty wasteland I call my brain. Remember, these are my actual thoughts; I truly do squander valuable hours of my life considering and contemplating these ridiculous ideas and opinions. Actually, I have quite a few, so I’m breaking this edition into two separate posts. The second part will be along in a day or so. Enjoy.

When famous people get arrested, and the police know there will be press around to take pictures, why do they always put a jacket over the guilty party’s wrists to cover up the handcuffs? If the pepetrator is walking out with cops hanging on each arm, and the media is reporting that the person is being arrested, isn’t the jacket kind of pointless. Don't patronize us. We know what’s under there.

Halloween is coming soon, and it is by far one of the greatest days in America every year. You get free candy just for dressing up in a ridiculous outfit; that’s why this country is so great. However, my favorite part of Halloween is when you get those houses where people are too lazy to pass out treats, so they leave a bowl full or candy outside with a sign that reads, “Please take just one.” Has anyone in the history of “trick-or-treating” ever obeyed this sign? Of course not. Every single kid that encounters this takes at least 3 or 4, and the majority of kids just scoop half the bowl into their bag. Now some of you may see this as wrong, but it’s not. As a kid, getting candy is a top five priority in life. Kids will even pawn their mother’s jewelry to get candy. If someone is lazy enough to leave a full bowl of Twix and Butterfingers unattended, it is simply the responsibility of every kid that comes by to take as many as they possibly can. It would be wrong not to. By the way, the runner-up for my favorite thing about Halloween is when you have those people that turn all their lights off and pretend they aren’t home, but you know they are, so you just ring their door-bell for like a half an hour. Classic.

Sex and the City”: terrible show…or worst show ever?

Is it just me, or does Spencer’s sister Stephanie from “The Hills” look A LOT like Poison lead singer and reality TV star Bret Michaels? Click on their names to check out some pictures. I mean, they look like they could be the exact same person. In fact, now that I think about it, I’ve never seen the two of them in the same place at the same time. Hmm

Chew on that. Part 2 coming soon.


Thanks for reading

No comments: