Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Random Thoughts in my Head

I often have random thoughts, observations and questions that pop into my head, and I thought maybe some of you out there had noticed some of these same things, as well. If not, maybe you can get some entertainment from reading these things. Either way, it’s my blog, so I figured I’d share the things that have been running around my mind.

If Snickers Ice Cream continues to add more and more “chunks of Snickers” at its current rate, how soon before it becomes just a whole Snickers Bar?

I find it infuriatingly ironic when reality-TV stars reveal personal or secret information while being videotaped, and seem oblivious to the fact that the very things they are saying will be openly broadcast to the public in a few weeks time. Even worse is when those same reality stars then complain about their lack of privacy and invasion of personal space…while speaking into the video-camera that follows all the happenings of their life. Have they really not figured it out?

If people get their area code tattooed on their body, and then move to somewhere with a different area code, wouldn’t they pretty much be guaranteed the “low man on the totem poll” status in that community for as long as they remain there?

Ringo Starr has to be the luckiest and most famous “coat-tail rider to fame” of all time. The only other person that can be argued in this situation would be Robin, and he and Batman aren’t even real, which really hurts his case.

I bet it was really tough for Richard Gere during the filming of his new romantic comedy with Diane Lane, titled “Nights in Rodanthe.” The last time Gere and Lane starred together in a film (Unfaithful), Lane played Gere’s adulterous wife, cheating on him with a much younger Spanish dude. I’m sure when Gere gets into character, it’s very hard for him to forget about his past movie with Lane and act all “luvy-duvvy” for this new one. I mean, you know he has to be hurting on the inside after the way she acted. I believe in forgiveness and second chances, but the man is only human. Would you be able to forget something like that? I didn’t think so.

Speaking of, if Richard Gere married Little Richard (and took his surname), his married name would be Richard Richard.

I recently saw the movie “Teen Wolf” on TV, and in turn found one of my all-time favorite quotes:

"I have three rules which I live by: Never get less than 12 hours sleep, never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city, and never go near a lady with a tattoo of a dagger on her hand. Now you stick with that, and everything else is cream cheese." -Basketball coach from “Teen Wolf

It’s hard to find advice any better than that.


Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

A. Liebendorfer said...

haha... mr. and mr. richard richard

very thought provoking

Woozie said...

"If they hadn't shot my dick off in 'Nam I'd whip it out and piss in your face" is a much better line, albeit from a different movie.

Kendalyn Schrock said...

Ringo Starr has to be the luckiest and most famous “coat-tail rider to fame” of all time. The only other person that can be argued in this situation would be Robin, and he and Batman aren’t even real, which really hurts his case.

this made me literally laugh out loud. hilarious.